This sunny, bright and large finished basement remodeling project was virtually a remodel of the entire basement level of our client’s home.
The family wanted to significantly upgrade the home’s original builder grade basement with new finishes, flooring, lighting, storage, layout, and enhanced functionality and fun.
Part of the upgrades included:
- An area near the door from the pool area where the family could hide and hang towels and store pool toys and other pool items
- An unusual glass-walled room for their children to be creative with Legos and which they named the “Lab”
- The removal of a load-bearing wall to open up the layout and create a new more flexible and contemporary media room.
- A large well equipped wet bar
- A sunny game area
- A large home gym
- A fully remodeled bathroom
Products and special materials for the basement remodel included:
- Custom cabinetry
- A glass wall
- Granite counter tops
- LVP Coretec flooring
- SubZero appliances
- Custom shelving and benches made from reclaimed wood
Type of project: Finished basement remodel
Services Metro Provided: Design/Build Remodeling
- Architectural Design
- Interior Design
- Cabinet Design
Type of home: Single family home
Special construction considerations:
Part of the design of this project required the removal of a load-bearing wall, replacing it with a new support beam and post more conducive to the new layout and look of the basement. The new support required the installation of a footing below the new support post and below the level of the basement floor.