Feeling tired as you head to bed is one thing. Having your master suite feel tired is another! This is your getaway – your sanctuary. If you don’t feel pampered, relaxed and refreshed, maybe it’s time for an update!
Here are a few little touches that can make a big difference in the bedroom, bathroom and closets of your master suite.
Photo courtesy Kohler Co.
1. Breakfast in bed. Imagine this: built-in bedroom storage plus your own private café! Cabinets that blend in with your decor can conceal a microwave, refrigerator and even a sleek dishwasher-in-a-drawer. Enjoying a head start to busy days is easy with a single-serve coffeemaker right there as soon as you open your eyes. On lazy mornings, indulge in a luxurious breakfast without even leaving your room. For cozy evening retreats, add a wine chiller/refrigerator and stock up your own personal mini-bar.
2. Lighten up. Yes, you want closet lighting that lets you tell navy from black, and you sometimes want bright light in the bathroom. But you also want soft, cozy light. We can build lighting into ledges, recesses or valances so that the fixtures disappear and you can dim or brighten the light to give your room exactly the right “glow.” Chandeliers and sconces can add extra drama as well. If more natural light is desired, consider floor-to-ceiling windows or even doors that open to a patio or balcony.
3. Free your closet. Why keep beautiful cabinetry and shelving hidden? Consider opening up your closet into the bedroom. Using that open feel, we could create a visually appealing dressing area. Fitted closet components keep everything from work clothes to workout wear in place.
4. Let it flow. Don’t just open up the closet! One of the newest trends in master suites is to eliminate the separation between the bedroom and bathroom. If you’d like more privacy, a separate commode room can be added, as well as pocket doors or sliding panels that can be opened or closed as desired to separate the bath from the bedroom.
5. Entertain your options. You want your master suite to fully enhance your leisure time, so you’ll want entertainment electronics at your disposal. A flat screen television, surround sound and even docking stations are becoming must-have features in bedroom design. Custom cabinetry can house outlets for charging devices, control multi-media wiring, and even conceal your technology behind doors, when you want to get away from it all.
6. Put your feet up. Think outside the box of a typical bedroom and you can find room for an alcove or corner in your master suite to serve as your “sitting room” or study. A couple of small upholstered chairs and ottomans or a comfy chaise lounge with a side table make the perfect spot for your late night or early morning reading with your feet up and a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
These ideas are just the start. If you’re thinking of upgrading, call us! We’d love to share many more simple little touches that can wake up your space and make you feel pampered and refreshed every day of the year!